Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Obama, Biden receive gifts from GOP lawmakers
Monday - 1/21/2013, 2:55pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Congressional leaders have given President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden gifts, including flags that flew over the Capitol, to celebrate their inauguration.
House Speaker John Boehner of Ohio presented the flags and said he hoped the inauguration would inspire more unity among lawmakers in Obama's second term.
GOP Sen. Lamar Alexander of Tennessee presented photos of the inaugural event to the pair. House Majority Leader Eric Cantor of Virginia presented a pair of vases, one etched with an image of the White House and the other of the Capitol.
The gifts came at the conclusion of a luncheon with the Obamas and Bidens at the Capitol.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)