Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Obama, Biden receive gifts from GOP lawmakers
Monday - 1/21/2013, 2:55pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Congressional leaders have given President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden gifts, including flags that flew over the Capitol, to celebrate their inauguration.
House Speaker John Boehner of Ohio presented the flags and said he hoped the inauguration would inspire more unity among lawmakers in Obama's second term.
GOP Sen. Lamar Alexander of Tennessee presented photos of the inaugural event to the pair. House Majority Leader Eric Cantor of Virginia presented a pair of vases, one etched with an image of the White House and the other of the Capitol.
The gifts came at the conclusion of a luncheon with the Obamas and Bidens at the Capitol.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)