Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Biden says 'trust' makes him deal closer with GOP
Monday - 1/21/2013, 1:37pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Vice President Joe Biden says the reason he has been called upon to close deals with congressional Republicans is because he has developed trust with lawmakers over the course of four decades in Washington and because they know he speaks for President Barack Obama.
In an interview with CNN aired Monday, Biden says he and Obama have occasionally disagreed about tactics but stressed that they have never differed on policy. He said their views meshed even when they were both running for president and described himself as "totally simpatico" with Obama.
Biden's name has surfaced as a potential presidential candidate in 2016. Most recently, he helped complete a New Year's agreement with Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell to avoid a "fiscal cliff" of broad tax increases and spending cuts.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)