Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Obama calls for action, not delay
Monday - 1/21/2013, 12:01pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama says "we must act" even if our work is imperfect. He says we cannot afford to delay.
In a message that could be aimed at the divided Congress where battles await him in his second term, Obama is cautioning against mistaking absolutism for principle, substituting spectacle for politics or treating "name-calling as reasoned debate."
Even so, Obama says that today's accomplishments will be partial, and it will be up to people four, 40 or even 400 years from now to advance them further.
The president spoke at the U.S. Capitol after taking his public oath of office for his second term.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)