Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Vice President Biden takes public oath of office
Monday - 1/21/2013, 11:26am EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Vice President Joe Biden has taken a ceremonial oath office, kicking off the start of his second term as No. 2 to President Barack Obama.
Biden, placing his hand on a family Bible that's been in use since 1893, took a public oath from Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor.
Biden was formally sworn in during a private ceremony on Sunday at his residence, the U.S. Naval Observatory. The Constitution requires presidential and vice-presidential terms begin on Jan. 20. Sotomayor also administered the private oath.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)