Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Correction: Obit-Clara Jane Nixon story
Tuesday - 1/22/2013, 3:06pm EST
IRVINE, Calif. (AP) - In a story Jan. 19 about the death of Clara Jane Dixon, former president Richard Nixon's sister-in-law, The Associated Press reported erroneously her age and day of death, based on information from the Richard Nixon Foundation.
The foundation now says that she died on Jan. 17 at age 93.
A corrected version of the story is below:
Nixon sister-in-law Clara Jane Nixon dies at 93
Clara Jane Dixon, former president's sister-in-law who maintained family history, dies at 93
IRVINE, Calif. (AP) _ Clara Jane Nixon, former President Richard Nixon's sister-in-law who maintained the history of the Nixon family in Southern California, has died.
The Richard Nixon Foundation says she died of natural causes Thursday in Irvine. She was 93.
Clara Jane Nixon was married to Donald Nixon, who gained national attention in 1960 when he received a business loan from billionaire Howard Hughes. The loan raised campaign financing questions during Richard Nixon's presidential campaign.
The foundation says Clara Jane Nixon helped recover and preserve the original furniture pieces from the childhood home of the five Nixon brothers. The pieces are now at the Richard Nixon Library & Birthplace in Yorba Linda. She also participated in many events at the library.
Clara Jane Nixon is survived by a son and daughter.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)