Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Correction: Obit-Clara Jane Nixon story
Tuesday - 1/22/2013, 3:06pm EST
IRVINE, Calif. (AP) - In a story Jan. 19 about the death of Clara Jane Dixon, former president Richard Nixon's sister-in-law, The Associated Press reported erroneously her age and day of death, based on information from the Richard Nixon Foundation.
The foundation now says that she died on Jan. 17 at age 93.
A corrected version of the story is below:
Nixon sister-in-law Clara Jane Nixon dies at 93
Clara Jane Dixon, former president's sister-in-law who maintained family history, dies at 93
IRVINE, Calif. (AP) _ Clara Jane Nixon, former President Richard Nixon's sister-in-law who maintained the history of the Nixon family in Southern California, has died.
The Richard Nixon Foundation says she died of natural causes Thursday in Irvine. She was 93.
Clara Jane Nixon was married to Donald Nixon, who gained national attention in 1960 when he received a business loan from billionaire Howard Hughes. The loan raised campaign financing questions during Richard Nixon's presidential campaign.
The foundation says Clara Jane Nixon helped recover and preserve the original furniture pieces from the childhood home of the five Nixon brothers. The pieces are now at the Richard Nixon Library & Birthplace in Yorba Linda. She also participated in many events at the library.
Clara Jane Nixon is survived by a son and daughter.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)