Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
"Ace of Cakes" bakes the Obama inauguration cake
Saturday - 1/19/2013, 2:32pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Baltimore celebrity baker Duff Goldman is making the cake for President Barack Obama's Commander-in-Chief's Ball.
Goldman's Charm City Cakes bakery said Saturday that it will bake a cake for the ball, one of two official inaugural balls the president will attend.
The tiered cake will include the seals of each branch of the U.S. military, plus the presidential seal. Fondant bunting and stars and stripes will also adorn the cake. Cake flavors will include red velvet, lemon poppy seed, pineapple coconut and pumpkin chocolate chip. The cake will be 3 to 4 feet high, weigh 50 pounds and serve 200 people.
Goldman's bakery was featured in the Food Network show, "Ace of Cakes," which ran for 10 seasons before going off the air in 2011.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)