Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
"Ace of Cakes" bakes the Obama inauguration cake
Saturday - 1/19/2013, 2:32pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Baltimore celebrity baker Duff Goldman is making the cake for President Barack Obama's Commander-in-Chief's Ball.
Goldman's Charm City Cakes bakery said Saturday that it will bake a cake for the ball, one of two official inaugural balls the president will attend.
The tiered cake will include the seals of each branch of the U.S. military, plus the presidential seal. Fondant bunting and stars and stripes will also adorn the cake. Cake flavors will include red velvet, lemon poppy seed, pineapple coconut and pumpkin chocolate chip. The cake will be 3 to 4 feet high, weigh 50 pounds and serve 200 people.
Goldman's bakery was featured in the Food Network show, "Ace of Cakes," which ran for 10 seasons before going off the air in 2011.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)