Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
"Ace of Cakes" bakes the Obama inauguration cake
Saturday - 1/19/2013, 2:32pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Baltimore celebrity baker Duff Goldman is making the cake for President Barack Obama's Commander-in-Chief's Ball.
Goldman's Charm City Cakes bakery said Saturday that it will bake a cake for the ball, one of two official inaugural balls the president will attend.
The tiered cake will include the seals of each branch of the U.S. military, plus the presidential seal. Fondant bunting and stars and stripes will also adorn the cake. Cake flavors will include red velvet, lemon poppy seed, pineapple coconut and pumpkin chocolate chip. The cake will be 3 to 4 feet high, weigh 50 pounds and serve 200 people.
Goldman's bakery was featured in the Food Network show, "Ace of Cakes," which ran for 10 seasons before going off the air in 2011.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)