Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Presidential vehicle sports new license plates
Saturday - 1/19/2013, 2:17pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama's ride has a new license plate.
The White House said earlier this week that the president had agreed to replace the plates on his limousine so that they display the "Taxation Without Representation" design the District of Columbia uses. On Saturday, the lead vehicle of the president's motorcade was sporting the plate with the number 800 002. That's the number city officials said they would issue to the president.
The district plate design, created in 2000, calls attention to the fact the city has no voting member In Congress. President Bill Clinton also put the tags on his limousine, but his successors had declined to do so.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)