Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Clinton urges participation in service projects
Saturday - 1/19/2013, 11:59am EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Former first daughter Chelsea Clinton urged people to participate in service projects, saying there's a chain of service that links generations of Americans from all across the country.
Clinton is the daughter of former President Bill Clinton and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton. On Saturday she spoke at a summit on the National Mall for the National Day of Service.
Clinton said she was inspired by the volunteer work of her grandmother, Dorothy Rodham, who began as a child volunteer teaching migrant workers English and kept up her volunteer efforts for her entire life.
President Barack Obama, first lady Michelle Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and his wife, Jill, are participating in service projects throughout the Washington area.
Volunteers also are organizing service events in all 50 states.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)