Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
First lady launches new Twitter account: @FLOTUS
Thursday - 1/17/2013, 1:20pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Trying to find Michelle Obama on Twitter? Try tweeting her at (at)FLOTUS, which is Washington shorthand for "first lady of the United States."
Mrs. Obama's office unveiled her new Twitter identity on Thursday, largely to replace a previous Twitter account under the handle of (at)Michelle Obama. That account was launched a year ago and run by President Barack Obama's re-election team. It will now be managed by the Democratic National Committee.
The site's initial tweet promised updates and pictures. Tweets by the first lady herself will be signed "-mo."
Followers also were asked to re-tweet that initial message to wish Mrs. Obama a happy birthday. She turned 49 on Thursday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)