Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
First lady launches new Twitter account: @FLOTUS
Thursday - 1/17/2013, 1:20pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Trying to find Michelle Obama on Twitter? Try tweeting her at (at)FLOTUS, which is Washington shorthand for "first lady of the United States."
Mrs. Obama's office unveiled her new Twitter identity on Thursday, largely to replace a previous Twitter account under the handle of (at)Michelle Obama. That account was launched a year ago and run by President Barack Obama's re-election team. It will now be managed by the Democratic National Committee.
The site's initial tweet promised updates and pictures. Tweets by the first lady herself will be signed "-mo."
Followers also were asked to re-tweet that initial message to wish Mrs. Obama a happy birthday. She turned 49 on Thursday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)