Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Senate panel sets hearings with Clinton, Kerry
Wednesday - 1/16/2013, 8:41pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton will testify before a Senate panel next Wednesday on the deadly Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, and the committee will hold a confirmation hearing on her successor the following day.
Senate aides said the Foreign Relations Committee notified senators Wednesday night that Clinton would testify Jan. 23. The panel will hold a hearing on the nomination of Sen. John Kerry to be the next secretary of state on Jan. 24.
Kerry is the chairman of the committee and will retain that title until his widely expected Senate confirmation. However, his likely successor, Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey, will preside over both hearings.
Clinton also is scheduled to testify before the House Foreign Affairs Committee on Wednesday, Jan. 23.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)