Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Senate panel sets hearings with Clinton, Kerry
Wednesday - 1/16/2013, 8:41pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton will testify before a Senate panel next Wednesday on the deadly Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, and the committee will hold a confirmation hearing on her successor the following day.
Senate aides said the Foreign Relations Committee notified senators Wednesday night that Clinton would testify Jan. 23. The panel will hold a hearing on the nomination of Sen. John Kerry to be the next secretary of state on Jan. 24.
Kerry is the chairman of the committee and will retain that title until his widely expected Senate confirmation. However, his likely successor, Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey, will preside over both hearings.
Clinton also is scheduled to testify before the House Foreign Affairs Committee on Wednesday, Jan. 23.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)