Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Obama's fitness put to test at Pentagon clinic
Saturday - 1/12/2013, 1:30pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama underwent a fitness test at a Pentagon health clinic on Saturday as part of a periodic medical exam coordinated by his doctor.
The White House said the results will be released by February.
The "Fit to Win Clinic" says on its website that its mission is "to enhance military readiness and civilian wellness through fitness, nutrition, health education and positive lifestyle behavior changes." Obama returned to the White House after spending just under two hours at the Pentagon.
The 51-year-old Obama, who takes the oath of office a week from Sunday to begin his second term, had his most recent physical exam in October 2011. At the time, he was said to be in excellent health and tobacco-free after years of cigarette smoking. Obama's doctor reported that he was physically active, ate a healthy diet, maintained a healthy weight and on occasion drank alcohol in moderation.
That exam was Obama's second since he became president in 2009. His first medical check-up was conducted in February 2010.
During the Thanksgiving holiday weekend in 2010, Obama received 12 stitches in his lower lip after taking an errant elbow during a pickup basketball game with visiting friends and family. The medical report from Obama's physical exam the following year found a "well-healed lower lip laceration" _ an apparent reference to that injury.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)