Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Levin calls Hagel 'well-qualified,' Cantor upset
Monday - 1/7/2013, 1:47pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - The chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee says Chuck Hagel is "well-qualified" to be the next Defense secretary.
Sen. Carl Levin, who will oversee Hagel's confirmation hearing, said in a statement Monday that the former Republican senator has a wealth of experience in national security and is a strong advocate for the men and women of the military.
Sen. Jim Inhofe, who will be the top Republican on the panel, mentioned concerns about Hagel's policy positions and vowed to seek clarification during the hearing.
In the House, Majority Leader Eric Cantor says Hagel is the wrong man for the job. The Virginia Republican said Hagel has espoused incendiary views about Israel that are out of the mainstream.
Only the Senate votes on the nomination.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)