Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Levin calls Hagel 'well-qualified,' Cantor upset
Monday - 1/7/2013, 1:47pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - The chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee says Chuck Hagel is "well-qualified" to be the next Defense secretary.
Sen. Carl Levin, who will oversee Hagel's confirmation hearing, said in a statement Monday that the former Republican senator has a wealth of experience in national security and is a strong advocate for the men and women of the military.
Sen. Jim Inhofe, who will be the top Republican on the panel, mentioned concerns about Hagel's policy positions and vowed to seek clarification during the hearing.
In the House, Majority Leader Eric Cantor says Hagel is the wrong man for the job. The Virginia Republican said Hagel has espoused incendiary views about Israel that are out of the mainstream.
Only the Senate votes on the nomination.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)