Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Son of US Sen. Rand Paul arrested at NC airport
Sunday - 1/6/2013, 11:37pm EST
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - Police say U.S. Sen. Rand Paul's son was arrested after a flight from Kentucky to North Carolina.
The Charlotte Observer reports http://bit.ly/13cI8me19-year-old William Hilton Paul was arrested Saturday morning at Charlotte Douglas International Airport and charged with alcohol-related offenses.
The newspaper quotes Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Lt. Blake Hollar as saying it's possible Paul was served alcohol on the flight from Lexington, Ky., to Charlotte.
When the plane landed shortly before 11 a.m., the son of the Republican senator from Kentucky and grandson of former presidential candidate Ron Paul was charged with consuming beer/wine underage, disorderly conduct and being intoxicated and disruptive.
In a brief statement, Sen. Paul's office said "as many parents with teenagers would understand," the family requested their privacy be respected "in a situation such as this."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)