Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
McConnell takes wait-and-see approach on Hagel
Sunday - 1/6/2013, 8:56am EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - The Senate's top Republican says he'll need to take a close look at what former Sen. Chuck Hagel _ who's the front-runner to be the next defense secretary _ has said in the past on Israel and Iran.
Sen. Mitch McConnell says that the next Pentagon chief must have a complete understanding of the U.S. relationship with ally Israel and the threat from Iran.
Some of Hagel's former Senate colleagues have questioned his pronouncements on Iraq, Israel and the Middle East. McConnell tells ABC's "This Week" that Hagel "has certainly been outspoken" on certain foreign policy matters.
McConnell says that if Hagel is nominated, he wants to see if the former Nebraska senator's views "make sense for that particular job."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)