Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
McConnell: Time to confront `spending addiction'
Sunday - 1/6/2013, 8:33am EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell says that "absolutely the tax issue is behind us" as a result of the "fiscal cliff" deal and that it's now time to focus solely on confronting what he calls "our spending addiction."
He says it shouldn't require a crisis for President Barack Obama and the Democratic majority in the Senate to address federal spending and the future of big entitlement programs such as Medicare and Social Security.
The Kentucky Republican tells ABC's "This Week" that waiting until the last minute of a deadline _ as was the case with the fiscal cliff _ is no way to run the government.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)