Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Biden swears in Schatz as Hawaii's new senator
Thursday - 12/27/2012, 2:50pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Brian Schatz is Hawaii's new senator after a swearing-in ceremony Thursday led by Vice President Joe Biden.
The 40-year-old Democrat succeeds Daniel Inouye (ih-NOH'-way), who died last week at age 88.
Gov. Neil Abercrombie chose Schatz to fill the vacancy. Schatz had been Hawaii's lieutenant governor.
Schatz gently took the hand of his fellow senator Daniel Akaka (uh-KAH'-kuh) and helped him walk up the Senate chamber's center aisle to meet Biden. Akaka is retiring at age 88.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)