Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Biden swears in Schatz as Hawaii's new senator
Thursday - 12/27/2012, 2:50pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Brian Schatz is Hawaii's new senator after a swearing-in ceremony Thursday led by Vice President Joe Biden.
The 40-year-old Democrat succeeds Daniel Inouye (ih-NOH'-way), who died last week at age 88.
Gov. Neil Abercrombie chose Schatz to fill the vacancy. Schatz had been Hawaii's lieutenant governor.
Schatz gently took the hand of his fellow senator Daniel Akaka (uh-KAH'-kuh) and helped him walk up the Senate chamber's center aisle to meet Biden. Akaka is retiring at age 88.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)