Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Senator jokes about Speaker Boehner's 'Plan B'
Thursday - 12/20/2012, 9:50pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - A Democratic senator joked Thursday that with House Speaker John Boehner embracing "Plan B," women's issues are progressing in Congress.
Washington Democrat Patty Murray told reporters that she "got really excited" when she heard Boehner talking about Plan B.
But then, she kidded, she learned it didn't signify progress for women after all.
Boehner had a backup plan for his fight over the "fiscal cliff" with President Barack Obama and dubbed it Plan B. House GOP leaders abruptly canceled a vote on the measure Thursday night after they failed to round up enough votes for it to pass.
The "fiscal cliff" refers to huge tax increases and spending cuts that take effect in early January unless lawmakers can head them off.
Plan B is also the name of a contraceptive pill that some conservatives oppose because it can be used after unprotected intercourse.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)