Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
First lady keeps mum on president's Christmas gift
Friday - 12/14/2012, 4:32pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - First lady Michelle Obama is keeping mum on what she plans to get President Barack Obama for Christmas.
Joined by first dog Bo, Mrs. Obama read "A Visit From St. Nicholas" to children at Children's National Medical Center in Washington.
One child asked what she plans to give the president. Pointing to news cameras, Mrs. Obama said if she says anything, "they're going to print it into the papers tomorrow."
One boy recommended an iPad or an iPad mini. The first lady promised "it will be something nice."
Mrs. Obama did not address Friday's deadly shooting at a Connecticut elementary school and spoke shortly before her husband addressed the nation.
Her visit was part of a tradition by first ladies dating back to Bess Truman.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)