Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Obama to address nation about school shooting
Friday - 12/14/2012, 2:41pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama will speak from the White House briefing room about the mass shooting at a Connecticut elementary school.
The president's comments will be at 3:15 EST Friday. They will be his first on the incident, which has left at least 27 people dead, including 18 children.
White House spokesman Jay Carney said that mass shootings "weigh heavily" on Obama as the president and as a father. Carney said that Friday was not the day to talk about gun control, however.
Obama was not expected to take questions from the media.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)