Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Biographical information for Sen. John Kerry
Friday - 12/21/2012, 3:49pm EST
(AP) - NAME _ John Forbes Kerry.
AGE-BIRTH DATE _ 69; Dec. 11, 1943.
EDUCATION _ Bachelor's degree, political science, Yale University, 1966; law degree, Boston College, 1976.
EXPERIENCE _ U.S. Senate, 1985-present; unsuccessful Democratic candidate for president, 2004; Massachusetts lieutenant governor, 1983-1985; lawyer in private practice, 1979-1982; Middlesex County, Mass., prosecutor, 1976-1978; spokesman, Vietnam Veterans Against the War, 1971; Navy officer, awarded Silver Star, Bronze Star with Combat "V," three Purple Hearts for Vietnam War service, 1966-1970.
FAMILY _ Wife, Teresa Heinz; two children, three stepchildren, two grandchildren.
QUOTE _ "The president's relentless pursuit of bin Laden and the al-Qaida network is a significant accomplishment. It has transformed the post-9/11 world into one where counterterrorism efforts are important but not the sole driver of our national security policy. The fear doctrine of the previous administration, adopted by Obama's critics, has been replaced by a more optimistic outlook born of a successful counterterrorism strategy." _ Kerry to Foreign Policy magazine, September 2012.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)