Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Biographical information for Sen. John Kerry
Friday - 12/21/2012, 3:49pm EST
(AP) - NAME _ John Forbes Kerry.
AGE-BIRTH DATE _ 69; Dec. 11, 1943.
EDUCATION _ Bachelor's degree, political science, Yale University, 1966; law degree, Boston College, 1976.
EXPERIENCE _ U.S. Senate, 1985-present; unsuccessful Democratic candidate for president, 2004; Massachusetts lieutenant governor, 1983-1985; lawyer in private practice, 1979-1982; Middlesex County, Mass., prosecutor, 1976-1978; spokesman, Vietnam Veterans Against the War, 1971; Navy officer, awarded Silver Star, Bronze Star with Combat "V," three Purple Hearts for Vietnam War service, 1966-1970.
FAMILY _ Wife, Teresa Heinz; two children, three stepchildren, two grandchildren.
QUOTE _ "The president's relentless pursuit of bin Laden and the al-Qaida network is a significant accomplishment. It has transformed the post-9/11 world into one where counterterrorism efforts are important but not the sole driver of our national security policy. The fear doctrine of the previous administration, adopted by Obama's critics, has been replaced by a more optimistic outlook born of a successful counterterrorism strategy." _ Kerry to Foreign Policy magazine, September 2012.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)