Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Biographical information for Susan Rice
Friday - 12/14/2012, 4:54am EST
(AP) - NAME _ Susan Elizabeth Rice.
AGE-BIRTH DATE _ 48; Nov. 17, 1964.
EXPERIENCE _ U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, January 2009-present; senior national security adviser on Barack Obama's presidential campaign, 2008; senior foreign policy fellow, Brookings Institution, 2002-2009; senior adviser for national security affairs, John F. Kerry presidential campaign, 2004; assistant secretary of state for African affairs, 1997-2001; special assistant to the president and senior director for African affairs, National Security Council, 1995-1997; director for international organizations and peacekeeping, National Security Council, 1993-1995; management consultant, McKinsey and Co., 1991-93.
EDUCATION _ Bachelor's degree, history, Stanford University, 1986; master's degree, international relations, Oxford University, 1988; doctorate, Oxford University, 1990. Rice was a Rhodes Scholar.
FAMILY _ Husband, Ian Cameron; two children.
QUOTE _ "The position of secretary of state should never be politicized. As someone who grew up in an era of comparative bipartisanship and as a sitting U.S. national security official who has served in two U.S. administrations, I am saddened that we have reached this point, even before you have decided whom to nominate."
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)