Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Biographical information for Susan Rice
Friday - 12/14/2012, 4:54am EST
(AP) - NAME _ Susan Elizabeth Rice.
AGE-BIRTH DATE _ 48; Nov. 17, 1964.
EXPERIENCE _ U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, January 2009-present; senior national security adviser on Barack Obama's presidential campaign, 2008; senior foreign policy fellow, Brookings Institution, 2002-2009; senior adviser for national security affairs, John F. Kerry presidential campaign, 2004; assistant secretary of state for African affairs, 1997-2001; special assistant to the president and senior director for African affairs, National Security Council, 1995-1997; director for international organizations and peacekeeping, National Security Council, 1993-1995; management consultant, McKinsey and Co., 1991-93.
EDUCATION _ Bachelor's degree, history, Stanford University, 1986; master's degree, international relations, Oxford University, 1988; doctorate, Oxford University, 1990. Rice was a Rhodes Scholar.
FAMILY _ Husband, Ian Cameron; two children.
QUOTE _ "The position of secretary of state should never be politicized. As someone who grew up in an era of comparative bipartisanship and as a sitting U.S. national security official who has served in two U.S. administrations, I am saddened that we have reached this point, even before you have decided whom to nominate."
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)