Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Obama, Boehner meeting at the White House
Monday - 12/17/2012, 11:26am EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - A White House official says President Barack Obama and House Speaker John Boehner (BAY'-nur) are meeting at the White House to discuss the pending fiscal cliff and deficit reduction.
The meeting comes as Boehner is offering $1 trillion in higher tax revenue over 10 years and an increase in the top tax rate on people making more than $1 million a year.
The speaker also has offered a large enough extension in the government's borrowing cap to fund the government for one year before the issue must be revisited _ conditioned on the president agreeing to $1 trillion in cuts.
The offer was made Friday after a long impasse. It calls for about $450 billion in revenue from increasing the top rate on income over $1 million.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)