Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Obama, Boehner meeting at the White House
Monday - 12/17/2012, 11:26am EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - A White House official says President Barack Obama and House Speaker John Boehner (BAY'-nur) are meeting at the White House to discuss the pending fiscal cliff and deficit reduction.
The meeting comes as Boehner is offering $1 trillion in higher tax revenue over 10 years and an increase in the top tax rate on people making more than $1 million a year.
The speaker also has offered a large enough extension in the government's borrowing cap to fund the government for one year before the issue must be revisited _ conditioned on the president agreeing to $1 trillion in cuts.
The offer was made Friday after a long impasse. It calls for about $450 billion in revenue from increasing the top rate on income over $1 million.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)