Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Turkey's defense, Pakistan top Clinton's agenda
Sunday - 12/2/2012, 8:18pm EST
PRAGUE (AP) - Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton has arrived in the Czech Republic for talks on energy policy in a country heavily dependent on Russian fuel.
It's her first stop in a five-day trip to Europe. Also on her agenda are Turkey's defense and U.S. relations with Pakistan.
Clinton joins NATO foreign ministers in Brussels to discuss Turkey's request for Patriot missile assistance. Violence is raging in neighboring Syria, which is believed to have several hundred surface-to-surface missiles capable of carrying chemical warheads _ a particular concern for Turkey, a NATO member.
On Friday, NATO said it will deploy the Patriots within weeks after the move is approved.
Clinton will also meet Pakistan's foreign minister, Hina Rabbani Khar.
Clinton's trip ends Friday with visits to Ireland and Northern Ireland.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)