Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Man arrested after incident with Romney motorcade
Thursday - 11/29/2012, 6:43pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - The Secret Service said Thursday a man interfered with a motorcade carrying Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney as his vehicle arrived at a secure checkpoint near the White House. The man was later arrested after he became combative during an interview with a police officer.
Secret Service spokesman Max Milien said the man, who was not identified, was standing near a security entrance to the White House and got in the motorcade's way. The vehicle stopped briefly at the security gate and then entered the White House complex.
Milien says the man was later interviewed by a uniform division officer and became combative. He was charged with assault on a police officer and unlawful entry.
Romney came to the White House for lunch with Obama, their first meeting since the election.
A CNN video of the incident shows a man briefly heckling Romney near the passenger side of the SUV before the vehicle proceeded through the gates and onto the grounds of the White House.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)