Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Clinton says Ambassador Rice doing a great job
Wednesday - 11/28/2012, 6:20pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton says embattled U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice has done a great job, as some Senate Republicans question Rice's fitness for the top job at the State Department.
Clinton was questioned Wednesday about Rice, who is facing withering GOP criticism over her initial account of the deadly raid on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya. U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans died in the September attack.
Rice is seen as the top candidate to replace Clinton, who has made clear that she would step down in President Barack Obama's second term. Clinton said the decision on her successor was up to the president.
Clinton said she would discuss the attack after a review board report that she hoped would be completed "very soon."
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)