Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Clinton says Ambassador Rice doing a great job
Wednesday - 11/28/2012, 6:20pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton says embattled U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice has done a great job, as some Senate Republicans question Rice's fitness for the top job at the State Department.
Clinton was questioned Wednesday about Rice, who is facing withering GOP criticism over her initial account of the deadly raid on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya. U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans died in the September attack.
Rice is seen as the top candidate to replace Clinton, who has made clear that she would step down in President Barack Obama's second term. Clinton said the decision on her successor was up to the president.
Clinton said she would discuss the attack after a review board report that she hoped would be completed "very soon."
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)