Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
First lady welcomes Christmas tree
Friday - 11/23/2012, 12:29pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - First lady Michelle Obama is kicking off the holiday season by welcoming the White House Christmas tree.
Mrs. Obama, daughters Malia and Sasha and first dog Bo greeted the arrival of a 19-foot Fraser fir from Peak Farms in Jefferson, N.C.
The tree arrived Friday on a horse-drawn carriage. It will be displayed in the Blue Room of the White House.
The first lady says the tree is "perfect."
The fir tree comes from the farm of 2012 National Christmas Tree Association grand champion winners Rusty and Beau Estes.
Members of the association have presented the official White House Christmas tree every year since 1966.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)