Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
First lady welcomes Christmas tree
Friday - 11/23/2012, 12:29pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - First lady Michelle Obama is kicking off the holiday season by welcoming the White House Christmas tree.
Mrs. Obama, daughters Malia and Sasha and first dog Bo greeted the arrival of a 19-foot Fraser fir from Peak Farms in Jefferson, N.C.
The tree arrived Friday on a horse-drawn carriage. It will be displayed in the Blue Room of the White House.
The first lady says the tree is "perfect."
The fir tree comes from the farm of 2012 National Christmas Tree Association grand champion winners Rusty and Beau Estes.
Members of the association have presented the official White House Christmas tree every year since 1966.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)