Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Pelosi says time running out for fiscal cliff deal
Thursday - 12/13/2012, 11:14am EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi says a deal must be reached "in the next couple of days or the very beginning of next week" to avoid the fiscal cliff of automatic tax hikes and spending cuts.
The California Democrat criticized Republican House leaders for sending lawmakers home on Thursday, saying they should stay in Washington and work on a solution. Last week, most House members left town on Wednesday.
Pelosi said, "Here we are once again having a two-day work week in the Congress of the United States."
Negotiations appear at standstill over President Barack Obama's insistence that tax rates increase for top earners. House Speaker John Boehner has agreed to increased tax revenue through reducing or eliminating unspecified tax breaks. But Boehner opposes raising tax rates.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)