Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Top GOP senator expresses confidence in Gen. Allen
Thursday - 11/15/2012, 10:00am EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - The top Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee is expressing confidence in Gen. John Allen, who is entangled in a sex scandal that has led to the resignation of the CIA director.
Sen. John McCain of Arizona called Allen one of our best military leaders and said he had continued confidence in the top commander in Afghanistan. He made the remarks Thursday at the start of the confirmation hearing for Allen's replacement in Afghanistan, Marine Corps Gen. Joseph Dunford.
Allen is the subject of a Pentagon investigation for potentially inappropriate communications. Former Gen. David Petraeus resigned last week from the top job at the CIA after the disclosure of an extramarital affair. Allen said he is cooperating with the investigation.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)