Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Top GOP senator expresses confidence in Gen. Allen
Thursday - 11/15/2012, 10:00am EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - The top Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee is expressing confidence in Gen. John Allen, who is entangled in a sex scandal that has led to the resignation of the CIA director.
Sen. John McCain of Arizona called Allen one of our best military leaders and said he had continued confidence in the top commander in Afghanistan. He made the remarks Thursday at the start of the confirmation hearing for Allen's replacement in Afghanistan, Marine Corps Gen. Joseph Dunford.
Allen is the subject of a Pentagon investigation for potentially inappropriate communications. Former Gen. David Petraeus resigned last week from the top job at the CIA after the disclosure of an extramarital affair. Allen said he is cooperating with the investigation.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)