Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Obama to hold news conference on Wed.
Friday - 11/9/2012, 3:17pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama will hold a news conference on Wednesday, his first since being re-elected to a second term.
White House press secretary Jay Carney says Obama will take questions from reporters on a variety of topics in the White House East Room. The news conference will take place two days before Obama meets with congressional leaders Nov. 16 on the fiscal cliff, the combination of pending tax increases and spending cuts that could plunge the economy back into a recession.
Obama has not taken questions from the White House media corps since August, when he made a surprise visit to the White House briefing room and took questions from four reporters.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)