Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Obama to hold news conference on Wed.
Friday - 11/9/2012, 3:17pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama will hold a news conference on Wednesday, his first since being re-elected to a second term.
White House press secretary Jay Carney says Obama will take questions from reporters on a variety of topics in the White House East Room. The news conference will take place two days before Obama meets with congressional leaders Nov. 16 on the fiscal cliff, the combination of pending tax increases and spending cuts that could plunge the economy back into a recession.
Obama has not taken questions from the White House media corps since August, when he made a surprise visit to the White House briefing room and took questions from four reporters.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)