Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Obama visits Va. family to pitch fiscal plan
Thursday - 12/6/2012, 1:53pm EST
FALLS CHURCH, Va. (AP) - President Barack Obama is visiting a middle-class family in suburban Washington as he continues to push for a plan to extend tax cuts to all but the top 2 percent of earners.
Obama, visiting the Northern Virginia home of Tiffany and Richard Santana, said every day that passes without a solution to the fiscal problem creates more stress and uncertainty for American families.
The president called the problem solvable, but added: "The closer it gets to the brink the more stress there is going to be."
Obama is trying to keep up pressure on Republicans to avoid a so-called fiscal cliff of automatic tax increases and across-the board spending cuts set for Jan. 1. Tiffany Santana said the tax increase would amount to two months' rent for her family.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)