Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Obama visits Va. family to pitch fiscal plan
Thursday - 12/6/2012, 1:53pm EST
FALLS CHURCH, Va. (AP) - President Barack Obama is visiting a middle-class family in suburban Washington as he continues to push for a plan to extend tax cuts to all but the top 2 percent of earners.
Obama, visiting the Northern Virginia home of Tiffany and Richard Santana, said every day that passes without a solution to the fiscal problem creates more stress and uncertainty for American families.
The president called the problem solvable, but added: "The closer it gets to the brink the more stress there is going to be."
Obama is trying to keep up pressure on Republicans to avoid a so-called fiscal cliff of automatic tax increases and across-the board spending cuts set for Jan. 1. Tiffany Santana said the tax increase would amount to two months' rent for her family.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)