Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Biden salutes breast cancer survivors
Wednesday - 10/24/2012, 9:27pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) - Vice President Joe Biden is thanking breast cancer survivors for their courage to speak up and share their stories in order to help others.
Biden and his wife, Jill, hosted a reception Wednesday honoring Breast Cancer Awareness Month at their Naval Observatory residence, which was aglow with pink lights.
Biden said, quote, "Every time you speak up about what you've been through, it takes you back to having gone through it. There's nothing easy about that."
Among the guests at the reception were Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius (seh-BEEL'-yuhs), Small Business Administration Administrator Karen Mills, Elizabeth and John Edwards' daughter Kate, and breast cancer awareness advocates.
Jill Biden has been involved in breast cancer awareness activities for nearly 20 years.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)