Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
First lady visits Aurora, Colo., shooting victims
Saturday - 8/11/2012, 7:19pm EDT
AURORA, Colo. (AP) - First lady Michelle Obama has met with some of the victims wounded during last months' massacre at an Aurora, Colo., movie theater and the medical staff that treated them.
Obama arrived at the Medical Center of Aurora at about 3:30 pm Saturday. She thanked doctors, nurses and staff who attended some of the 58 people wounded in last month's attack during a showing of the latest Batman movie. She also met with some of the shooting victims and their families, including one patient who remains in the hospital's intensive care unit. Twelve people died in the attack.
Obama spent more than an hour at the hospital before leaving for Denver, where she is to appear at a fundraiser for her husband's re-election campaign.
James Holmes is accused in the shootings.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)