Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Obamas host coffee with congressional leaders
Monday - 1/21/2013, 9:40am EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Could a blend of inaugural excitement and fresh coffee be the stimulant Washington needs to break political gridlock?
One could only conjecture as President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden and their wives played host Monday to congressional leaders of both parties at the White House.
The Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies joined the Obamas and the Bidens before official ceremonies began at the Capitol.
The panel is comprised of House and Senate leaders, including House Speaker John Boehner and House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, both Republicans, and House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, Sen. Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn., and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev. Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., is the committee's chairman. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, who is not a member of the committee, also was invited.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)