Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Romney hits Obama as 'outsourcer-in-chief'
Tuesday - 7/10/2012, 1:13pm EDT
GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (AP) - Mitt Romney is calling President Barack Obama the "outsourcer-in-chief" and says he is an "extreme liberal" who is trying to raise taxes on job creators.
The likely Republican presidential nominee on Tuesday said his Democratic opponent has outsourced jobs by offering government support to green energy companies that made some of their products overseas. It's the first time Romney has publicly hit back at the Obama campaign's charges that the former private equity executive bought companies that outsourced jobs to China and elsewhere.
Romney says that "if there's an outsourcer-in-chief, it's the president of the United States, not the guy who's running to replace him."
Romney also says Obama's proposal to extend tax cuts for people making $250,000 or less amounts to a tax increase for small businesses.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)