Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Reid: Time for Congress to deal with other matters
Thursday - 6/28/2012, 11:11am EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is pleased by the Supreme Court's ruling in the health care case, and says it's time now for Congress to move on to other business.
The Nevada Democrat says no one believes the law is perfect, but that Democrats have shown they'll work with Republicans to improve it.
Reid made his comments in the Senate chamber Thursday, minutes after the Supreme Court upheld the law.
Reid also is criticizing Republicans, saying GOP lawmakers are more interested in giving power back to insurance companies. He says passing the law is the single greatest step in generations to ensuring affordable health care for people in the United States.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)