Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Reid: Time for Congress to deal with other matters
Thursday - 6/28/2012, 11:11am EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is pleased by the Supreme Court's ruling in the health care case, and says it's time now for Congress to move on to other business.
The Nevada Democrat says no one believes the law is perfect, but that Democrats have shown they'll work with Republicans to improve it.
Reid made his comments in the Senate chamber Thursday, minutes after the Supreme Court upheld the law.
Reid also is criticizing Republicans, saying GOP lawmakers are more interested in giving power back to insurance companies. He says passing the law is the single greatest step in generations to ensuring affordable health care for people in the United States.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)