Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Former top Obama aide joining campaign team
Monday - 6/25/2012, 8:19am EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) - The Obama campaign says a former senior White House official is joining President Barack Obama's re-election team.
Jennifer Psaki (SAH'-kee) will start work as Obama's traveling press secretary in July. Psaki started working for Obama during his 2008 campaign and served in the White House, rising to the post of deputy communications director.
Psaki left the White House in September to work for a public relations firm in Washington. A campaign official says she will take leave from the firm while working for the campaign.
The official says the campaign always planned to add a traveling press secretary to the staff when the president stepped up his re-election effort.
The official spoke on the condition of anonymity because the personnel move had not been officially announced.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)