Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
On Father's Day, an Obama golf getaway in Chicago
Sunday - 6/17/2012, 12:34pm EDT
CHICAGO (AP) - On Father's Day, President Barack Obama is having a golf getaway.
The president is spending sunny late morning in Chicago doing something lots of dads might prefer to do _ enjoying a round a golf.
He's playing at the Beverly Country Club with two longtime friends, Martin Nesbitt and Eric Whitaker, plus Obama's trip director and frequent golf partner, Marvin Nicholson.
Obama's relaxed outing came hours before he's set to fly to Los Cabos, Mexico, for a Group of 20 summit dominated by Europe's financial crisis and the growing global economic anxiety.
The president has spent much of the weekend in Chicago with his wife, two daughters and mother-in-law.
They attended the wedding Saturday of White House adviser Valerie Jarrett's daughter in the same neighborhood the Obamas call home.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)