Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
On Father's Day, an Obama golf getaway in Chicago
Sunday - 6/17/2012, 12:34pm EDT
CHICAGO (AP) - On Father's Day, President Barack Obama is having a golf getaway.
The president is spending sunny late morning in Chicago doing something lots of dads might prefer to do _ enjoying a round a golf.
He's playing at the Beverly Country Club with two longtime friends, Martin Nesbitt and Eric Whitaker, plus Obama's trip director and frequent golf partner, Marvin Nicholson.
Obama's relaxed outing came hours before he's set to fly to Los Cabos, Mexico, for a Group of 20 summit dominated by Europe's financial crisis and the growing global economic anxiety.
The president has spent much of the weekend in Chicago with his wife, two daughters and mother-in-law.
They attended the wedding Saturday of White House adviser Valerie Jarrett's daughter in the same neighborhood the Obamas call home.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)