Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
State Department seeks advice on new name for blog
Friday - 12/7/2012, 1:14pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - The State Department is redesigning its official blog and wants help in choosing a successor for the oft-maligned name DipNote.
The department put out an appeal on Friday for the web-trolling public to vote online between four possibilities, including keeping DipNote. The other choices, which were winnowed down from more than 370 internal suggestions are: "Unclassified: The State Department Blog," "Statecraft" and "Matters of State."
It said the winner will be announced when the revamped blog is unveiled early next year.
DipNote was launched in 2007 to great fanfare, although its name has been criticized from the start by some who say it too closely resembles an insult that ends with a common barnyard epithet.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)