Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
White House threatens veto on health care repeal
Monday - 7/9/2012, 7:10pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) - The White House has issued a veto threat for a House bill to overturn President Barack Obama's health care law.
The White House says the repeal would cost millions of American families the security of affordable health coverage.
House Republicans are scheduled to vote to overturn the law this week. The vote is largely symbolic since it has no chance of passage in the Democrat-controlled Senate. But the vote will put House members on record for the upcoming campaign.
The legislative effort follows the Supreme Court's decision to uphold the law's mandate that individuals buy health insurance or face a penalty.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)