Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Obama congratulates Israel's Netanyahu on election
Monday - 1/28/2013, 12:27pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama is congratulating Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on his success in last week's election.
The White House says Obama and Netanyahu spoke by telephone on Monday, almost a week after Netanyahu's ticket narrowly won the most seats in Israel's parliamentary election.
In the phone call, Obama said he looked forward to working with Israel's next government and affirmed his commitment to a strong U.S. relationship with Israel and to promoting regional peace and security.
The hawkish Netanyahu emerged weakened by the election but is still poised to stay on as prime minister. That means Obama's counterpart in any second-term peace efforts will most likely be Netanyahu, whose relationship with Obama has been strained.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)