Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Obama congratulates Israel's Netanyahu on election
Monday - 1/28/2013, 12:27pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama is congratulating Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on his success in last week's election.
The White House says Obama and Netanyahu spoke by telephone on Monday, almost a week after Netanyahu's ticket narrowly won the most seats in Israel's parliamentary election.
In the phone call, Obama said he looked forward to working with Israel's next government and affirmed his commitment to a strong U.S. relationship with Israel and to promoting regional peace and security.
The hawkish Netanyahu emerged weakened by the election but is still poised to stay on as prime minister. That means Obama's counterpart in any second-term peace efforts will most likely be Netanyahu, whose relationship with Obama has been strained.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)